luni, februarie 13, 2006

bout copy and stuff













These great copy ads (via http://sandeepmakam.blogspot.com/) made me think of the constant battle between the word and the image. I think they should live together in harmony and equilibrum, but there are voices (art director's voices mostly) that tend to prise the no copy ad a little too much. I personally don't have any problem with that as long as it's a fresh idea that serves the brand. Extremes were actually never my cup of tea and I really can't understand those with that kind of opinion.

Here's
Doug Hall's research in the book Jump start your marketing brain. I've found it in a post on the blog Guerrilla Consulting.
I don't wanna prove anything with this one. It's just a research that seemed interesting.

"In a study of 3,600 consumers, researchers concluded that to get people to notice an ad, text was twice as important as pictures. Your clients are interested in reading about your services, but you must grab their attention ...

What’s most important is that the fluff be ruthlessly eliminated from your ad copy, Web page or other marketing communication. If you include hype and half-truths, you make it nearly impossible for clients to separate the wheat from the chaff. The result: a lost sale. "

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonim said...

Salut! I like your blog 2 & resources. :)

5:48 a.m.  
Blogger diana said...

thanks! :) we're glad u like it

10:45 a.m.  

Trimiteți un comentariu

<< Home