miercuri, aprilie 12, 2006

Dilbert


Dilbert.Blog by Scott Adams which was initally introduced to me by Diana is one interesting and fun piece of reading material! That's beside the daily comics which I did not find that funny at first, but thanks to D I quickly got the hang of them.

In one of the posts Scott states some of his oppinions on things. Here are few of my favourite answers:

Q. Why do most people end up living mediocre, "regular" lives?

A. It’s easier.


Q. Who, out of any person, would do the best job of dictator with total control of the world, and please give a real response.

A. Bill Gates. He’s rational, experienced, and has a good track record of helping the disadvantaged through his charitable trusts.


Q. Do you feel human beings are inherently selfish?

A. Yup.


Q. Do you think that a great goal in life is to leave the world a better place than it was when you arrived?

A. I think you should live your life so that the maximum number of people will attend your funeral.


Q. I would like your opinion on how not to be lazy. I think I am ruining my life being lazy.

A. Do something you enjoy enough to work hard at it. If nothing meets that description, you are born lazy. I think people are 90% internally motivated.


Q. Your thoughts on genetically modified food/animals/people??

A. I’d allow it all, with close oversight. Who wouldn’t want a pet that was half beagle and half cucumber?


Q. Does a human life have a significant innate worth, or is that worth instead largely determined by what that human accomplishes, experiences, and how the human treats and burdens others?

A. In my opinion, some people are worth more than others. But I wouldn’t judge people by accomplishment because that’s mostly a matter of luck. And I wouldn’t judge people by their mistakes, because that would mean everyone is worthless. I do however think you can judge people by how they learn from their mistakes.


Q. Most futuristic thing you wish would be invented now?

A. Orgasm ray gun.