miercuri, mai 31, 2006

Organised fun

The Internet is the greatest tool we've ever owned (so far that is). Of course none of us can imagine the world without Internet and very few can remember the times when it didn't exist.
And the truth is that its power can move masses. Here's only one example Improve Everywhere.

I love theseguy's statment:

"Improv Everywhere is, at its core, about having fun. We're big believers in "organized fun". In the process we bring excitement to otherwise unexciting locales and give strangers a story they can tell for the rest of their lives. We're out to prove that a prank doesn't have to involve humiliation or embarrassment; it can simply be about making someone laugh, smile, or stop to notice the world around them. "

and the initiator's approach

"As an actor new to the city, I discovered I could create my own theatre rather than waiting around for someone to give me stage time. I got tired of telling the story to friends, so I typed it up and put it on the web. Improv Everywhere was born."

See all their missions here.


VIA